"And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”"
Late night student teaching reflections:
1. Teaching is not an easy job.
2. By the end of the day, I am sticky from hugs & high-fives from kids who sneeze into their hands, suck on their fingers or itch their butts.
3. My teacher has to call one of her students’ mother- Big Momma
4. I made someone cry today.
hahahah they weren’t even in trouble! I gave her a warning & she just started crying, awhhhh AHH.
5. My students can’t sit in their chairs. They keep leaning back or fidgeting so my teacher took away 5 students’ chairs & they had to stand until recess.
6. One of the teachers at the school looks and talks like Sue Sylvester from Glee.. it’s really trippy!
7. During lunch at the teacher’s lounge, the teachers complain a lot. But some are pretty valid - these teachers put up with & go through a lot!! Honestly, I learn more about our education system from listening to their conversations. As a teacher. I’m technically a government worker but.. mang, our government’s priorities need to be fixed.
8. It’s a little discouraging hearing from everybody… “you have that class? Oh man, good luck.” “Oh, well first-year teachers usually get crappy classes so I guess this is like a reality check for you!” & my teacher is like the NICEST teacher ever & she gets soooo exhausted from this class by the end of the day.. and she’s been teaching for almost 2 decades… so I’ve got a lot on my hands. >.<
9. I love seeing my last year’s class come running to me saying, Ms. Kim!!!! & giving me bear hugs <3
10. My body no longer is capable of staying up past midnight. Ideally, I should be in bed by 9.
The fruit of the Spirit is
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness & self-control.
"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."
"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through law, Christ died for nothing!"
I was hecka drained & exhausted & overwhelmed today.
But I just needed a moment to put my hand over my heart
& give it a heart pep talk & be reminded that God’s in control
& He is going to be with me every step of the way.
It still amazes me how $100 just goes out my wallet just from groceries & gas…
& I just bought a $200 textbook T.T
I was thinking about not working this semester cuz student teaching is already kicking my butt but I have no other options T.T
Iono what was in dat taco bell, but it made me go boopity boop so much.
What. a. long. day.
I really just want to turn myself into a burrito & knock out.
After today & hearing all about what I’m to expect for the semester,
I want to warn my friends.
I apologize in advance but you will not see me often this semester.
I will be MIA.
I will be in school from 7:30-3:30 & during those times, I have to turn my phone off so if you text me, I will not respond.
Then, I have grad classes & possibly work after student teaching.
& then after that, I have to go home & prep lesson plans for the next day & grade papers & sometimes, I have to stay later and attend parent teacher conferences or seminars.
& then sleep early to wake up at 6:30am & go through 8 hours of energetic first graders.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to teach & finally be on my way to become a teacher but until I get the hang of things, I know my social life will be somewhat gone.
I might hangout & stuff on the weekends if I’m not knocked out trying to sleep in but be gracious with me pleaseeeeeee.
I hope you all understand.
The extrovert in me wants to hangout & see you guys
but I will literally drop dead & all the energy will be sucked out of me, if it isn’t already.
On the bright side, I do feel better! Still some sniffing & light fever so I’m not 100% recovered but there’s progress. yayyyy!
Thank you guys for your prayersssss <3
If you do happen to see me, please give me a loooong hug because I’ll probably need it.